The 4th of July is more than just a US holiday; it is an iconic symbol of pride, joy, and freedom. Every year, many Americans take this holiday to celebrate with their loved ones. Whether you plan to stay in town or travel far and wide, we want you to be careful this Independence Day. With high volumes of traffic, you need to follow these steps to stay safe:
- Avoid Distractions - From cell phones, and loud passengers, to the radio, there are many distractions that you need to zone out from this holiday. Out of all of these, your phone is the most dangerous of all. If you have an incoming text or call, wait until you’re away from the wheel to handle it.
- Time Your Travel Better - To lower your likelihood of being stuck in traffic, we recommend that you plan ahead. It has been shown that it is better to get on the highway early in the morning over the busy traffic times of 3-8 PM.
- Follow the Law - You know the rules: no speeding, no texting and driving, buckle up, and don’t drink and drive. These are all safety etiquettes that we should already be practicing any other time.
- Be Well Rested for Longer Drives - If you have a long drive ahead of you, please remember to get a good night of sleep before. The more rested you are, the more alert and attentive you can be on your drive. Fatigue can seriously mess with your focus and put you in danger.
- Preventative Maintenance - To ensure your vehicle is safe as possible for your fourth of July adventures, come by H B Auto & AC for inspections. Our mechanics can examine all your important systems and make sure that they’re in good enough condition to keep you on the road.
Wherever you choose to be on this holiday, we hope you follow these tips. Have a wonderful Independence Day!