July 4th is a special day when it comes to celebrating our freedom here in the United States and gathering with loved ones for a good time. We know that our Independence Day weekend may look a little different than last year, due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Many fireworks displays may be suspended and fairs or festivals shut down. However, we are still able to enjoy time safely with our loved ones. So fire up the grill and get your sparklers ready!
The following reminders can help you enjoy your July 4th weekend safely this year:
- Wear a mask when going out in public and practice social distancing when possible. Do your part to stop the spread of COVID-19!
- There will be an increase in cars on the road, so be extra careful while driving. July 4th is actually one of most dangerous days of the year to drive, so be aware of your surroundings and other cars.
- If you plan on partaking in the consumption of alcohol, plan to have a ride back home or use a rideshare app. Never drink and drive! You risk your life and the life of others.
- If you're grilling, do so safely and never leave the grill unattended for extended periods of time. Also, make sure no kids are around the grill.
- If you're planning on traveling, be sure your vehicle can handle the drive. Here at H B Auto & AC, we can provide a vehicle inspection before your long trip to verify that your vehicle can handle the drive. If not, we help you take care of your vehicle's needs before you hit the road.
- Make sure any fireworks you light are legal and that you are doing so safely. Don't light fireworks around others, homes, or flammable objects.
- The fourth is typically a hot day, so remember to dress accordingly and use sun protection. Also,
- keep hydrated with lots of water.
We hope that these safety tips will allow you to have an amazing July 4th holiday. We wish you the best, and happy Independence Day!