The summer is always a great time to travel with friends or family and enjoy the warm weather and time off. However, as the summer comes to a close, you may recognize that you've added some wear on your vehicle throughout the last couple of months. Many kids will be starting up school again and we are thinking of the fall season ahead of us. With all the extra wear and tear that summer had on your vehicle, how can you care for your car moving into the fall seasons?
The end of summer is always a great time to have your vehicle inspected and to take care of any due services or maintenance items. As the seasons change, our vehicles need to be prepared for different weather and circumstances. This time of year typically sees an increase in vehicles on the road, and you want to ensure that your car will remain reliable on the road.
Here are some great ways that you can care for your vehicle after the summer months to ensure a reliable car throughout the rest of the year:
- Check your tires to make sure that they are filled to the correct air pressure and that they don't have any obvious signs of wear and tear.
- Inspect all fluids for proper levels and make sure that none appear dirty or sludgy.
- Test your A/C and heater for proper working function.
- Ensure that you are up to date with your vehicle's regular oil changes.
- Replace your windshield wipers if you haven't in over 6 months.
- Have your battery tested if it has been over 3 years since your last replacement.
- Have any concerns addressed here at H B Auto & AC such as strange symptoms or drivability issues.
- Consult your vehicle's owner's manual for any additional maintenance items that your car may be due for.
If you do find that your vehicle is due for any of the services listed above, we invite you into the experts here at H B Auto & AC for service. We can help ensure that your vehicle will remain reliable throughout the upcoming season and take care of anything that summer may have damaged. Give us a call or stop by our shop today for friendly assistance!